Quilting Nona

Thursday, March 1, 2012

February's Schnibbles Project

One of the goals I set for myself this year was to advance my quilting skills.  I've sewn since high school  so I know a little about sewing clothes, curtains and such.  I've always been intrigued with fabrics and design and how they come together as quilts. When my daughter, who I now think of as my quilting companion, started quilting, it wasn't long before I found myself hooked.
Four years later with many half finished quilting projects, I decided I needed to be more adventuresome and acquire some new skills.  That's when my "QC" introduced me to Another Year of Schnibbles.  When I mentioned that I thought it would be a good idea to keep a journal of what I accomplish this year, this blog became an unexpected part of those new skills . . . Thank you Shelley for having the patience to teach an old dog some new tricks!

For February's project, Miss Rosie's  "I.S.T.H." pattern,  I used scraps from the first quilt I made in 2008 to make this patriotic wall hanging.  I love these colors together.  The very best part about this project was that I was able to go to my stash instead of my usual trip to the fabric store.



You can't see it very well from this picture but underneath Freedom I embroidered the phrase the Cost is Always High.

So a couple of things I learned while doing this project is that I need to work on my cutting skills  . . .  I'm not such a straight cutter and triangles really aren't that scary.   


To see what others have done with this pattern, check out the parade of quilts on A Quilting Life and Pink Pincushion

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the wall hanging - love the embroidered touches - and congrats on your new blog!

    ReplyDelete