Quilting Nona

Sunday, April 1, 2012

March's Schnibbles Project

March's project was from Miss Rosie's Bibelot pattern.  This pattern reminds me of Hawaiian shirts.  So I chose a tropical theme most likely influenced by my March trip to southern California  where I enjoyed some warmer weather and a backyard barbeque at my brother's home. I chose some Batik fabric and decided on using the pattern to make some placemats.  I made sure I bought enough material to make some matching napkins.

I set up two stations in my sewing room;  a cutting station and a pressing station.  I lowered my ironing board to a height just a little lower than my sewing table & positioned it just to the left of my sewing table.  I found that a little starch, my Omnigrid Foldaway Portable Cutting & Pressing station, and my Omnigrid ruler made for quick and accurate assembly of these blocks. 

Sadly my sewing machine is in need of some TLC.  I'm not sure what is wrong with it but the light is pulsating.  Sewing at night to a strobe light is hard on the eyes.

 
If you are interested in seeing what others have done with this pattern, check out the parade of quilts on A Quilting Life and Pink Pincushion

No comments:

Post a Comment